Simple Walleye Recipe - Grilled in Foil
We are always so focused on how to catch walleye, so we figured we would take a minute to share how we prepare walleye for a quick meal on the grill! This is a very simple, straight forward recipe! Add whatever sides you like. We typically serve grilled or baked walleye with potatoes and a vegetable.
- Pre-heat your grill between 375-400 degrees.
- We will typically let the grill warm up for a minimum of 5-10 minutes.
- While the grill is warming up, make some foil boats for the walleye fillets.
- Lay the fillets in the aluminum foil boat. Make sure the boats are made tall enough to allow them to fully close/seal when cooking.
- Add a tablespoon of butter ( or 2 ) to the top of each fillet.
- Depending how big you make your foil boat, you can typically fit 2 fillets per boat.
- Shake on McCormick Grill Mates - Montreal Steak seasoning.
- We love this seasoning not only on walleye but potatoes too!
- This simple seasoning with a little butter is DYNAMITE!
- Seal the foil shut and place on the pre-heated grill.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until the fillets start to flake apart.
- Let stand for a minute or two and chow down!